Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation Scholarship Program to attend ICCA 2024 Hong Kong
ICCA is pleased to support the Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation Scholarship Program, which offers financial assistance to young arbitration academics to attend the ICCA Congress from 5 to 8 May 2024 in Hong Kong. The Foundation is a non-profit organisation established in 2021 by Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel, a longstanding member of the ICCA Governing Board and contributor to ICCA's publications and Congresses.
The program is open to young academics who have already worked on arbitration projects (e.g., a PhD thesis) and who would otherwise not be able to attend the ICCA Congress.
Winners of the Scholarship will receive a Congress registration fee waiver and a reasonable contribution towards travel to the Congress venue and hotel accommodation during the Congress.
Key submission requirements:
- Deadline: 31 January 2024.
- Applicants must be born in 1984 or later.
- Funding applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- a CV,
- evidence of their academic credentials,
- a description of the academic projects in the field of arbitration on which the applicant worked in the past and/or is currently working on, and
- a description of why participation at the ICCA Congress is particularly helpful for her/his work and why the scholarship is necessary to make the Applicant’s attendance possible.
- Applicants are not required to be Young ICCA members.
After the final application date, all applications will be reviewed by the Young ICCA Selection Committee, which has kindly agreed to review and assess the applications, based on the above-mentioned application requirements, also taking into account considerations of diversity, following which it will provide a recommendation to the Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation. The scholarship will be awarded in March 2024 by the Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation based on this recommendation.