Cybersecurity in International Arbitration ICCA-NYC Bar-CPR Working Group
ICCA has joined forces with the New York City Bar Association (NYC Bar) and the International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR) to launch a Working Group on Cybersecurity in Arbitration. The Working Group has prepared a set of guidelines, which provides practical guidance for counsel, arbitrators, and institutions, and optional protocols that can be adopted by parties to an arbitration.
The Working Group launched the 2022 Edition of its Protocol at the ICCA Congress in Edinburgh on 19 September 2022.
The Protocol has been updated to reflect the maturing of the cybersecurity and data protection environment that has taken place since its launch nearly three years ago, and now includes a sample data breach protocol.
The ICCA-NYC Bar-CPR Protocol on Cybersecurity in International Arbitration (2022 Edition) is now available online.
Chair of the Cybersecurity Working Group
Working Group Members
- Brandon Malone, Scottish Arbitration Centre (Chair), Independent Arbitrator, Arbitra International
- Paul Cohen, 4-5 Gray's Inn Square Chambers
- Kathleen Paisley, Independent Arbitrator, Ambos Law
- Stephanie Cohen, Independent Arbitrator
- Lea Haber Kuck, Independent Arbitrator, Former Partner Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Mark Morril, Independent Arbitrator
- Olivier André, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Hagit Elul, Hughes Hubbard & Reed
- Micaela McMurrough, Covington & Burling
Working Group Secretaries: Eva Y Chan and Jesse R. Peters, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
Webinar: Arbitration and Cybersecurity in the Virtual Age
As part of ICCA’s 60th Anniversary celebrations, the ICCA-NYC Bar-CPR Working Group on Cybersecurity in International Arbitration hosted a webinar on Arbitration and Cybersecurity in the Virtual Age.
- Brandon Malone, Scottish Arbitration Centre, Brandon Malone & Company
- Stephanie Cohen, Cohen Arbitration
- Hagit Muriel Elul, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Lea Haber Kuck, Skadden
- Mark Morril, Morril ADR
- Kathleen Paisley, Ambos