Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation to offer funding to young academics wishing to attend ICCA Congress Edinburgh 2022
ICCA is pleased to support the Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation’s Scholarship Program, offering financial assistance to young arbitration academics to attend the ICCA Congress in Edinburgh from 18-21 September 2022. The Foundation is a non-profit organisation established in 2021 by Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel, a longstanding member of the ICCA Governing Board.
The Scholarship is open to young academics who have already been working on arbitration projects (e.g., a PhD thesis) and who would otherwise not be able to attend the ICCA Congress. Winners of the Scholarship will receive a Congress registration fee waiver and a reasonable contribution towards travel to the Congress venue and hotel accommodation during the Congress. This funding is provided by the Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation with the generous support of the ICCA Congress host, the Scottish Arbitration Centre.
To apply for the Scholarship, please review the Terms and Conditions carefully on the Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation website before submitting your entry.
Key submission requirements:
- Deadline: 24 June 2022.
- Applicants must be born in 1982 or later.
- Funding applications should be submitted to email@example.com and include:
- 1. A letter of motivation including a) evidence of academic credentials; b) a description of the academic project(s) in the field of arbitration on which the applicant worked in the past and/or is currently working on; and c) a description of the applicant’s financial need and why participation at the Congress is helpful for their work.
2. A resume or CV.
You need not be a member of Young ICCA to participate, but we encourage you to apply for membership and become part of the world’s leading arbitration knowledge and skills network for young practitioners.
After the final submission date, all applications will be reviewed and assessed by the Young ICCA Selection Committee, who will provide a recommendation to the Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation. The scholarship will be awarded in mid-July by the Foundation on the basis of this recommendation.
The Young ICCA Committee is composed of:
- Ivan Bracho Gonzalez (Young ICCA Regional Coordinator for the Americas)
- Emily Hay (Young ICCA Mentoring Co-Director)
- Maanas Jain (Young ICCA Co-Chair)
- Laura Zielinski (Young ICCA Scholarship Co-Director)
Please note: Any applicants that are related to the Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel Foundation, Young ICCA Co-Chairs, Young ICCA Selection Committee and any individual involved in the decision-making process will be excluded from consideration.