ICCA-Tsinghua University Working Group on Chinese Arbitration Practice
The ICCA-Tsinghua University Working Group on Chinese Arbitration Practice was set up in 2015 following a period of fruitful cooperation between Tsinghua University and international arbitration specialists (including members of the ICCA Governing Board) in the context of the International Arbitration and Dispute Settlement Program offered by the Tsinghua University School of Law. It seeks to build on the productive meetings held between ICCA, Tsinghua University and the People’s Republic of China Ministry of Commerce (“MOFCOM”) regarding current issues in Chinese arbitration practice and on judicial colloquia held by ICCA with members of the Supreme People’s Court of the People’s Republic of China on the application of the New York Convention.
The ICCA-Tsinghua University Working Group Compendium of Chinese Commercial Arbitration Laws is available online.
The broad aims of the Working Group are:
- To establish a structural liaison between the Working Group, MOFCOM and the Supreme People’s Court in order to enhance and further develop arbitral law and practice;
- To respond to queries and prepare submissions to the responsible government agencies with regard to possible future amendments to Chinese arbitration legislation and with regard to developments in Chinese investment law and investor-state dispute resolution practice; and
- To investigate the desirability of producing a modern Chinese translation of the New York Convention, with the aim of harmonizing references to the New York Convention in Chinese courts, universities and arbitral practice.
Co-chairs of the Chinese Arbitration Practice Working Group
Working Group Members
- Prof. Yuejiao Zhang (co-Chair)
- Dr. Jane Willems (co-Chair)
- Prof. Albert Jan van den Berg (co-Chair)
- Ms. Chiann Bao
- Ms. Lisa Bingham (ICCA Bureau)
- Prof. Pizhao Che
- Dr. Fuyong Chen
- Prof. Weizuo Chen
- Mr. Emmanuel Jacomy (Young ICCA)
- Mr. Hu Ke (Young ICCA)
- Ms. Meg Kinnear
- Mr. Adrian Lai
- Mr. Jianlong Yu